Banana breadPrep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Makes: 12 slices
Ingredients:4 scoops EleCare® Vanilla
¾ cup sugar
100mL rice bran oil
2 medium bananas, mashed
2 egg replacers
2 cups (275g) gluten free self-raising flour
¼ cup quinoa flakes
2 teaspoons bicarb soda
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
|Fat, total (g)||9|
|Fat, saturated (g)||2|
|Carbohydrate, total (g)||37|
- Preheat oven to 170°c. Line a 12cm x 22cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix EleCare® and water and set aside.
- Place sugar and oil in a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add banana and egg replacers and mix well.
- Add flour, quinoa, bicarb, nutmeg, cinnamon and EleCare® and mix until mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Best eaten warm from the oven, however may be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days, or freeze slices to enjoy another time. If wheat is OK, these muffins can be made with regular self-raising flour. Rice bran oil may be substituted with sunflower or light olive oil.