Banana muffinsPrep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 12 muffins
Ingredients:4 scoops EleCare® Vanilla
¾ cup sugar
100mL rice bran oil
2 medium bananas, mashed
2 egg replacers
1½ cups (200g) gluten free self-raising flour
½ cup quinoa flakes
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon bicarb soda
|Fat, total (g)||9|
|Fat, saturated (g)||2.1|
|Carbohydrate, total (g)||37|
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Make up EleCare® and water as directed and set aside.
- Place sugar and oil in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add banana and egg replacers and mix well.
- Add flour, quinoa, nutmeg, bicarb soda and EleCare® and mix until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon mixture evenly into patty cases in a 12 hole muffin tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.
- You can make 24 mini-muffins with this mix but only bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Muffins are best eaten on the day you bake them, however they may be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days, or frozen to enjoy another time.
- If wheat is OK, these muffins can be made with regular self-raising flour.
- Rice bran oil may be substituted with sunflower or light olive oil.