Pumpkin puréePrep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes + cooling
Makes: ½ cup; 2 serves
Ingredients:1 cup pumpkin, cut in 2cm dice
1 scoop EleCare® Unflavoured (or EleCare® LCP) per serve
|Fat, total (g)||1.5|
|Fat, saturated (g)||0.5|
|Carbohydrate, total (g)||7|
- Steam or microwave pumpkin until very soft.
- Place pumpkin into a mini food processor or blender and purée until smooth, adding extra water if necessary. Leave in the bowl to cool completely. Remove half the purée and store for later use.*
- Add EleCare® and blend until smooth. Serve within 1 hour or refrigerate until needed.
- When required, reheat second serve gently in the microwave on 30% power, stirring frequently, until slightly warm; stir in a scoop of EleCare® and serve.
*Purée may be frozen before adding EleCare®. To freeze, put into a small covered container and store in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator or microwave; add EleCare® after bringing to room temperature.
- It is advisable to begin introducing your infant to 1 vegetable at a time. Allow 2-3 days between new vegetables, to establish clearly that it does not cause problems. If infant rejects the food, leave for a few days and try again. Infants can be conservative and so you may need to try to introduce a new vegetable many times before it’s accepted.
- Nutrition content of purée will vary depending on the vegetables used.