Shepherd’s piePrep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes + cooling
Makes: 2 serves
Ingredients:½ cup finely diced lean lamb
1 tablespoon finely diced celery
1 tablespoon diced carrot
1 tablespoon corn kernels
2 teaspoons ground rice
¼ cup water
¼ cup mashed potato, still warm
1 scoop EleCare® Unflavoured (or EleCare® LCP) per serve
|Fat, total (g)||3|
|Fat, saturated (g)||1|
|Carbohydrate, total (g)||10|
- Heat a little oil in a small saucepan and cook lamb and celery over a low heat until lamb changes colour and celery is soft.
- Add carrot, corn, ground rice and water; mix well. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 minutes, or until carrot is tender and meat cooked. Pour into two serving bowls and allow to cool. Cover one serve and keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Add enough water to potato to make it quite smooth. Stir in EleCare®. Spoon over lamb filling and serve.
- When required, reheat second serve gently in the microwave on 30% power, stirring frequently, until slightly warm. Make another serve of mashed potato with EleCare® and spoon on top of lamb.
- Veal may be used in place of lamb in this recipe.