Vegetable risottoPrep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes + cooling
Makes: ¾ cup; 2 serves
Ingredients:2 tablespoons white rice
1 cup water
¼ cup grated carrot
¼ cup grated zucchini
1 scoop EleCare® Unflavoured per serve
|Fat, total (g)||1|
|Fat, saturated (g)||0.5|
|Carbohydrate, total (g)||17|
- Place rice and water into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil on a medium heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add carrot and zucchini and simmer until rice is tender.
- Pour into a bowl and cool. Remove half the risotto to a container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Stir EleCare® into remaining risotto and mix until smooth and serve.
- When required, reheat second serve gently in the microwave on 30% power, stirring frequently, until slightly warm; stir in a scoop of EleCare® and serve.
- Use any vegetables your infant has accepted for this risotto – the only consideration is that the vegetable should cook in the same time as the rice.
Note also that the nutrition content will change slightly.