Chicken and broccoli casserolePrep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes + cooling
Makes: 2 serves
Ingredients:½ cup finely diced chicken breast fillet
1 tablespoon diced carrot
¼ cup chopped broccoli florets
2 teaspoons ground rice
¼ cup water
1 scoop EleCare® Unflavoured (or EleCare® LCP) per serve
|Fat, total (g)||2|
|Fat, saturated (g)||0.7|
|Carbohydrate, total (g)||4|
- Heat a little oil in a small saucepan and cook chicken over the heat until it changes colour.
- Add carrot, broccoli, ground rice and water; mix well. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 minutes, or until carrot is tender and chicken cooked. Pour into 2 serving bowls and allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate 1 bowl for 2-3 days.
- When cool, stir EleCare® into remaining casserole and serve.
- When required, reheat second serve gently in the microwave on 30% power, stirring frequently, until slightly warm. Add EleCare® and serve.
- This casserole can be topped with mashed potatoes, as for the Shepherd’s Pie.
- Diced lamb or veal may be used in place of chicken in this recipe. Also, any vegetable your child can tolerate can be added for variety.