Chicken and pumpkin puréePrep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes + cooling
Makes: ½ cup; 1 serve
Ingredients:½ cup diced pumpkin
1 tablespoon chicken breast mince
1 scoop EleCare® (or EleCare® LCP) per serve
|Fat, total (g)||3|
|Fat, saturated (g)||1|
|Carbohydrate, total (g)||10|
- Cover pumpkin and microwave for 1 minute on HIGH. Add chicken and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds longer.
- Purée vegetable in a mini food processor or blender until fairly smooth, adding a little water if necessary.
- Leave in the bowl to cool completely.
- Add EleCare® and mix until smooth. Serve within 1 hour or refrigerate until needed. If refrigerated, reheat gently in the microwave on 30% power until room temperature.
- Purée may be frozen before adding EleCare®. To freeze, put the plain purée into a small covered container and store in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator or microwave; add EleCare® after bringing to room temperature.
- Once baby has accepted a range of vegetables, combinations of those can be used in this recipe. For example, pumpkin and sweet potato can be combined with broccoli or peas.