Chicken and vegetable soup
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes + cooling
Makes: 300 mL; 3 serves
1 cup pumpkin cut in 1 cm dice, or other accepted vegetable^
1 tablespoon finely diced celery
20g minced chicken breast fillet
1 cup water
1 scoop EleCare® Unflavoured (or EleCare LCP®) per serve
1 tablespoon water, extra
Snipped chives to garnish (optional)
|Fat, total (g)||1|
|Fat, saturated (g)||0.3|
|Carbohydrate, total (g)||5|
- Place pumpkin, celery and water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer very gently until pumpkin is tender. Add chicken and cook 2–3 minutes longer.
- Use a spoon or potato masher to break up the pumpkin and any lumps of chicken so the texture is uneven. Pour into 3 containers, cover and cool.
- Mix EleCare® with extra water until smooth. Stir into only one serve of soup and serve sprinkled with chives.
- Refrigerate the remaining 2 servings of soup for 3–4 days, or freeze.*
^Please check with your doctor or dietitian on the vegetables considered suitable for your child. In general, potatoes, sweet potatoes and carrots are suitable.
- When refrigerated, reheat gently in the microwave on 30% power, stirring frequently, until just warm. Add EleCare® and serve.
- *Soup may be frozen before adding EleCare®. To freeze, put the soup into a covered container and store in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator or microwave; add EleCare® when just warm.