Vanilla pikeletsPrep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 10 pikelets
Ingredients:3 scoops EleCare® Vanilla
½ cup gluten free self-raising flour
¼ cup brown rice flour
2 teaspoons bicarb soda
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg replacer
|Fat, total (g)||0.8|
|Fat, saturated (g)||0.3|
|Carbohydrate, total (g)||12|
- Mix EleCare® with water and set aside.
- Pre-heat a non-stick pan over low-medium heat.
- Place flours, bicarb and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Add egg replacer, vanilla and EleCare® and mix into a smooth batter (batter will firm on standing).
- Spray a little oil into the pan then use a ¼ cup measure to scoop batter into the pan and cook in batches until bubbles appear on the top - around 2 minutes - and then turn to cook the other side until golden brown.
- Serve straight away, either plain or with jam or maple syrup.
If wheat is OK, omit gluten free and brown rice flours and bicarb soda and use ½ cup of regular self-raising flour and ½ cup wholemeal self-raising flour instead. These pikelets are best eaten warm as soon as they are cooked but they can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.